All Whiting School faculty and staff can get help from the Whiting IT Help Desk. Even if we’re not the right group to provide direct support for whatever your question might be, we’ll facilitate your work with the correct organization. Ask us anything!
How do I get help?
VERY IMPORTANT: We ask that all users contact us through our ticketing system, which is available by sending email to email@example.com. We know ticketing systems can be annoying, but we try not to be. Every ticket is assigned to and becomes the responsibility of a single real, live person. Your interactions with that person will then be tracked, so that we can easily look things up in the future and have a record in case something goes wrong.
What services do you provide?
You should feel free to ask us anything, but we broke out a list of things we frequently help with.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ll work on just about anything, but things we’re commonly asked about include…
- I’m new to WSE. What do I need to know about IT?
- I need help with computing resources for research.
- Tips for students?
- What is the story with Office 365?
- We have a page just about how to pick an Acrobat option.
- What are the settings for my email client?
- Can I get help syncing OneDrive / Teams / Sharepoint info to my computer?
- I don’t feel like I’m getting all of my email. Why might this be?
- I’m getting a new computer! What questions should I ask?
- I’ll be traveling and want free internet access. How does that work?
- Where can I get software? Here!
- Why did my SAP client flake out? There are lots of reasons, but we can help!
- How do I set up a website or get a webpage? Request one!
- How do I add another mailbox to my Outlook or view one on webmail? Like this!
- I need help installing Solidworks!
- I want to use Overleaf for LaTeX collaboration!
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is super inconvenient. Make it better!
- You want me to encrypt my disk? WHY? Here’s why!
- I need to do a video conference or webinar. Zoom is what we usually recommend, but there are lots of options — ask us which tool will work best for your scenario.
- Want to report an IT security concern?
- Instructions for installing Aspen? Changing Ansys to a new license server?
- What happens to email and library access when a student graduates?
- What are some common security scams?
- Get started with MyCloud / Citrix!
- How do I prepare to travel internationally?
- The Matlab licensing page is super confusing. How does it work?
- CATIA NoMagic crashes on my Mac after launching, how do I fix that?
- I want to get access to Qualtrics to perform surveys!
- Abaqus is tricky to install and I want directions!