eduroam — Free WiFi!
- eduroam is a consortium of (primarily educational) institutions that have agreed to allow network access for members who visit their sites. This means you can securely connect to their wireless networks when you travel or attend a conference.
- Hopkins is a part of the consortium — that’s why you see “eduroam” listed when browsing the list of available wireless networks.
- You connect with your JHED username and password, but with @jhu.edu after the username. So, the username would look like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can (and should) set it up today, and it’ll “just work” when you get to where you’re visiting.
- Many local institutions (University of Maryland, UMBC, UMB, Towson, GW, Georgetown) participate, as well as sites are all over the world!
- A short movie explaining eduroam
- Coverage maps for the US and abroad
- IT@JH page with login instructions