Digital Measures was retired at the end of calendar year 2017. Future faculty activity tracking will be performed in Hopkins’ new FacultyForce system.
User documentation for FacultyForce is being developed by IT@JH and reviewed by some very helpful WSE faculty (THANKS!). The preliminary versions are available here
Questions for IT@JH’s FacultyForce support team should be sent to email@example.com.
Note there will be a conversion period when the public web profiles will still be based on the information in Digital Measures until everyone has proofread their data in FacultyForce. We anticipate cutting the public web profiles over in April 2018. We froze DM accounts and data to support the migration of that data to Faculty Force. We didn’t want people making changes after it had been exported to FacultyForce, because then those changes would have been lost. Web profile questions should go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WSE website will start using FacultyForce info (as opposed to Digital Measures info) this spring, once the activity review process has been completed. WSE IT has tried to mirror the profile as closely as possible from the old system, but differences in the underlying data might cause changes. Please review your profile before it goes live and make any needed updates or corrections.
Your new profile page created from FacultyForce info can be previewed at https://engineering.jhu.edu/siteauth/ffprofile.
An excerpt from Andrew Douglas’ announcement email with instructions is below:
What you need to do:
- If your chair/head will use FF, enter your 2017 activities into FF by the date set by your chair/head.
- If your chair/head will NOT use FF, enter your 2017 activities into FF by Wednesday, February 28.
- If you wish to have a staff member enter data for you, please delegate access to a proxy (an administrative staff member) allowing her/him to access FF and enter activities on your behalf. To do so, email her/his name and JHEDID to email@example.com.
- Please review your new WSE public website profile at https://wseit.engineering.jhu.edu/review-web-profile/. The WSE website will start drawing from FF data (as opposed to Digital Measures data) this spring, once the activity review process has been completed. WSE IT has tried to mirror the profile as closely as possible from the old system, but differences in the underlying data may cause changes. Please review your profile before it goes live and make any needed updates or corrections.
- Please send questions, comments, and concerns to the IT@JH team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get started:
- Log in to facultyforce using your JHED-ID and password
- Refer to the Quick Start User Guide (User guides are also available on the facultyforce home page after you login)
- All of your prior faculty activity data (we used to use Digital Measures) has been migrated to FF, which means that you do not need to reenter your activity reported in previous years.
- An improved SAP interface imports more robust details on faculty appointments, including multiple appointments, in real time.
- An improved SIS interface imports student advisee data to ensure accurate and up-to-date counts.
- Visibility controls enable you to manage what data is seen in your public FF profile and on the WSE department website.
- A university-wide public searchable faculty directory supports online collaboration across all JHU faculty.
- Future integration with JHTV will include data about faculty translational activities.
- System support and maintenance is provided by IT@JHU, with a team invested in the utility and usability of FF. They are dedicated to providing quick turnaround of feature improvements.